Support Forum (EN/FR)

Velleman Projects
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:16 am 

Many of the website style sheets are missing and the site no longer renders properly so you can't see the instructions or download the PDF's. See bottom of this post for console output from Safari.

So now I'm stuck and can't do any more building this weekend.

Does anyone have the PDF's uploaded anywhere?

The link to http://forum.velleman.eu/code.php to the captcha to be able to register has to be done by copy & paste. Is this really necessary? It's a huge PITA for non-technical users!

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.min.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (lightbox.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (framework.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap-responsive.min.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.css, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (bootstrap.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.cookie.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery.smooth-scroll.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (lightbox.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (jquery-ui-1.10.3.custom.min.js, line 0)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (shared.css, line 0)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:34 am 

I have the same problem as you. (Have tried to open the instructions in both internet Explorer and Chrome on two different PC's)

Found the instruction manual for download here:
http://www.esr.co.uk/education/index.htm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:04 am 
Velleman Support
Velleman Support

Thank you for reporting this. I've restored the K8200 website to its original state. I will inquire with our web developers on monday about what went wrong.

The captcha on the forum helps a lot in keeping spammers away. We very seldomly get a complaint about not being able to register, and when we do we gladly create and activate an account for them.

Sorry for the inconvenience and enjoy building the printer!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:12 pm 

VEL448 wrote:
Thank you for reporting this. I've restored the K8200 website to its original state. I will inquire with our web developers on monday about what went wrong.

As in, which one of them moved/deleted the scripts!

Thanks for getting it up so quickly!

VEL448 wrote:
The captcha on the forum helps a lot in keeping spammers away. We very seldomly get a complaint about not being able to register, and when we do we gladly create and activate an account for them.

I'm not objecting to the captcha, I'm wondering why you have to painstakingly copy the url to put in another window - what's wrong with making it an actual link?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:22 pm 
Velleman Support
Velleman Support

nmccloud wrote:
As in, which one of them moved/deleted the scripts!
Indeed, which one will get spanked

nmccloud wrote:
I'm not objecting to the captcha, I'm wondering why you have to painstakingly copy the url to put in another window - what's wrong with making it an actual link?
Even the most inexperienced computer user will know how to copy and paste a small piece of text, and it does not require anything special (javascript, etc).